1) Adopt the 7-Point Body Posture.
2) Practice Belly Breathing for a few moments.
3) Bring your Body, Speech, and Mind to Rest.
4) Notice where your gaze is resting on the floor in front of you and place an object there.
5) Set your timer for a specific amount of time to practice Concentration. Start with a small amount of time (2 minutes, for example) and work your ways towards longer sessions through daily practice.
6) Start the timer and simply gaze at the object. No matter what internal thoughts or emotions may appear in your mind, or whatever external sights, sounds, or smells may appear in your vicinity, do not break your gaze on the object.
Practice daily for 40 days. For optimal results, practice three times a day.