Adopt the 7-Point Body Posture.
Beginning Belly Breathing:
· Breathe gently, bringing the air deep down into your lungs. Imagine the lungs extending all the way down into your belly (abdomen).
· Now imagine that your abdomen is a spherical ball. With each inhalation, the ball expands horizontally on all sides and with each exhalation, the ball contracts.
· While breathing, keep your attention on the sensation of your belly rather than your chest and shoulders.
· Do not move your shoulders while you breathe. The shoulders should remain still while the belly expands and contracts.
· Continue breathing in this fashion for as long as you’d like.
Advanced Belly Breathing:
· Inhale soft, slow, and deep for a count of four.
· Relax and exhale gently and slowly to a count of six.
· Continue breathing in this way for the next few minutes, or as long as you’d like.